This is the guide to download Alfred Security Camera for PC and also Alfred Webviewer for PC. Users can get the Alfred for PC on any Windows 10 or macOS-powered computer. This tutorial is for both Desktop PC and laptop users.
Alfred Video Home Security Camera
Alfred is one of the top names in the security category for the Android and iOS ecosystem. The Alfred application is built to transform your Android or iOS smartphone into a security camera. If you have an old smartphone lying around, you can install Alfred Video Home Security Camera on it and use it as a camera monitor. This mobile-CCTV can be used to monitor your baby, backyard, or your office too.
Once the device is set up to work as a CCTV camera, you can monitor this device using another device. Alfred has multiple solutions for this. You can use two smartphones at the same time, one phone as a monitor and one phone as a CCTV. The ideal scenario would be to use the phone as a CCTV and use your computer i.e. Desktop PC or Laptop as a monitor. That’s exactly what we encourage our users to do as well and that’s the whole point of this guide.
Now Alfred has two different methods to monitor through your phone-CCTV. You can either use the same Alfred app or use the Alfred WebViewer. I will explain the Alfred Webviewer in a bit, before that, let me tell you what features the Alfred Video Home Security Camera is equipped with.
Alfred Video Home Security Camera can be used on 3-4 devices at the same time. You can build an entire home security system by installing the same application on multiple phones and all these can be monitored using one device. The app has a talk-back feature. Using the monitor device, you can talk through your camera device with anyone who’s in front of the CCTV. The app has an alarm feature that will inform you about any unusual activity. Users can take pictures and record videos too and all these can be stored either on the device’s memory or in the cloud storage.
The Alfred Webviewer is a web portal built by Alfred itself. This web portal can be launched on a desktop PC or Windows in any internet browser. Once you launch it, you can log into the Webviewer using the same Google Account that you are using on your phone which is running the Alfred Video Home Security Camera. The app will show you the footage of all the cameras quickly.
The Webviewer has all the features that the Alfred app has, so you don’t need to worry about losing any functionality in the Webviewer application. There is a trust circle feature in the Alfred app and Webviewer which allows you to install multiple people to keep an eye on your security cameras. Overall, this is a great security solution that comes at no additional cost. Just use your spare phones and laptops to take your security to a whole new level.
- iDMSS Plus for PC Windows 10 MacOS
- vMEyeSuper for PC Windows 10 & Mac Free
- CCTV Camera Pros Mobile for PC
- Hik Connect for PC Windows 10 & Mac
- Download iVMS 4500 for PC and Laptop
- iSmartViewPro for PC Desktop Free Windows 10
- 360 Security Lite for PC Windows 10 & Mac
- A spare Android phone with Alfred installed on it.
- A Desktop PC or Laptop.
- BlueStacks Android Emulator: Download and Install.
- Google Chrome Browser or Firefox on Windows or macOS
- WiFi connection.
- This tutorial.
Install Alfred Video Home Security app on your Android phone from the Play Store. The PC will be used for monitoring purposes only, but if you wish, you can use it as a camera as well. It works both ways.
Alfred Security Camera for PC
- Open the BlueStacks on your computer and log in.
- On the computer, go to the Play Store and install the Alfred Video Home Security Camera.
- Now launch the application.
- Connect the Alfred Video Camera with your phone that is being used as a CCTV.
- Once connected, you can leave it as it is and keep using your computer as a monitor device.
- Alternatively, take a look below to use Alfred Webviewer instead.
Alfred Webviewer for PC
- Launch the Alfred Webviewer on your computer using their official site.
- Log into the Alfred Webviewer using the same Google Account that you’re using on the CCTV-phone.
- Once logged in, you can set up the Webviewer to monitor the phone. That’s all.
Alfred is a complete security package that makes it the best choice for people who have security concerns. Remember if you want to use your computer as a camera, Alfred will utilize your computer’s web camera and your laptop’s front or rear camera for this purpose.
The only downside is that this app requires two applications for live monitoring. If you have only one device, you can just set the device to record everything happening in your backyard and watch it later on. If you have any questions related to the Alfred Security Camera or the Alfred Webviewer for PC, feel free to reach out to me. I will try my best to help you out.